“we would like to see Jesus”: a sermon on John 12:20-33

March 29th, 2006 by isaac · 40 Comments

I am preaching again this week on the lectionary text from John’s gospel: Jn. 12:20-30. It’s been a pretty difficult passage for me to wrestle with the past week. It’s one of those passages that defies attempts at a pleasant message, at least that’s what I found. Is there an easy way to preach about Jesus’ call for followers to die like he did?

Anyhow, I imagine somebody out there will stumble across this sermon as they prepare to preach this Sunday. A message to you: use whatever you want from my sermon—cut and paste, or preach the whole thing word for word. I don’t care. Just let me know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————

Isaac: “We Would Like to See Jesus” (John 12:20-33).

“We would like to see Jesus.” These Greeks come up to Philip and ask to see Jesus (v20).

We are standing with those Greeks, those outside the promises of Israel, part of the goyim, the nations…foreigners. And we hear strange stories about this Jesus who some people say is the Messiah of Israel. But he isn’t a Messiah like a lot of the Jews expect—there’s no exclusive nationalism in his message about the kingdom of his Father. And we want to see him—we hear that he associates with the pagans; we hear that his kingdom might just have room for those like us, those outside Abraham’s offspring.

We hear this and our bodies ache with longing, a possibility too good to be true. We’re hungry. We’re thirsty. We long for the bread of life—bread that truly satisfies. To see him. To see his face. Face to face. The intimacy of encounter—as our gaze meets his and we are draw into those refreshing waters, our eyes swimming in his. “Our hearts are restless until their find their rest in Thee”—that’s what Augustine prayed in his Confessions. We long for the embrace of Son, our participation in the eternal love of the Father, Son, and Spirit. We long for the Son of Man to come in all his glory.

So, there we are, with the Greeks, and we get up enough courage, the faith, to approach one of Jesus’ intimates: Philip. And we ask him, “Sir, we would like to see Jesus.” We would like to see Jesus. That’s us, right? We want to see him. We long for him. Ok, one question: Why? Think about it: why do you want to see him? Feel the weight of the question. Let it sink deep—passed all that abstract, surface religiosity. Not the typical evangelistic question: “Do you love Jesus?” or “Do you know Jesus?” But a question that unsettles us where we’re at: Why do you want to see him? Why?

If we follow John’s story up until this point, we can feel our desires forming, our expectations shaped. We find ourselves along side the characters in the story, as they experience the wonders of this Jesus. (1) At a wedding, Jesus changes water into really good wine. (2) And we watch as Jesus disturbs the oppressive system of exchange in the Temple courts. (3) Jesus associates with Samaritan women, outsiders, lowlifes. (4) He even transgresses the boundaries between friend and enemy when he heals the son of a powerful Roman official, a figurehead of foreign occupation, of oppression. (5) He heals a crippled man at the pools of Bethesda. (6) And he feeds the multitudes with 5 loaves and 2 fish. And, probably the most incredible event of all, Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead!

Who is this man, this Jesus? Isn’t everyone saying that he might be the one Israel has been waiting for? Could he be the Messiah, the redeemer of the Jews? That’s the expectation that John keeps building as we come to our passage for this afternoon. We want to see him because he is the Messiah. He is the one who will set God’s people free from foreign dominion, free from the prince of this world, and lead the people into life without end, unceasing flourishing. This is the king, the Messiah, who will triumph over all the enemies.

And that’s what the people say in the preceding passage—the triumphal entry. Jesus is entering Jerusalem and the crowds run out to meet their redeemer, their liberator, the long-awaited Messianic king of Israel. Jerusalem will finally explode the iron grasp of Rome. They say, “Blessed is the King of Israel!” (12:13). And, in an aside, John explains Jesus’ donkey-riding with a passage from Zechariah: “Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt” (12:15).

Can you feel the expectation?... the anticipation? The time has come. It’s go time. Game time. And the people explode with excitement on the street that heads to Jerusalem—swarms of people shouting, waving things in the air… This is it The enemies of God’s people will be destroyed, and all the nations will stream into Jerusalem to sing their praises to the God of Israel. This will be the Messianic age, the eschatological age… heaven on earth.

Is this why you want to see him? Is that what you want to see? A Jesus ready for battle, armed and dangerous, prepared to vanquish the enemies of God. A Jesus that looks like Rambo or the Terminator or Che Guevera or a president in a flight suit on an aircraft-carrier. That’s what I want, if I’m honest with myself. Everyday I pick up the paper and see that this world is falling apart. More deaths in Baghdad. A bunch of rich, white kids from Duke rape a mom who took a de-humanizing job so she could provide for her two kids and pay for classes at NC Central. Or, I don’t even have to look in the paper. The other day I wanted to see this glorious Jesus do his thing when I went to the top floor of Duke Regional Hospital—that’s the psyche ward—and spent time with a friend, a fellow student who is suffocating under the dark clouds of depression.

I want to see Jesus. I want to see this Jesus ready for war against God’s enemies, that complex web of evil, the prince of this world, that squelching spirit of death. I’m tired of the captivity. I’m weary of oppression. The darkness overwhelms. Like the Psalmist says, “How long can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a foreign land?” (Ps.137:4). And I’m only 26 years old. How much more tragedy? How much more pain? How much more suffering do I have to watch? When will it end? “Excuse me, Philip. I would like to see Jesus.”

And Jesus answers the cries of the people. He says, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified” (Jn.12:23). The time is now. Here he is—ready to vanquish the reign of darkness with his glorious light. Towards the end of the passage Jesus says, “Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out” (v31). The people are ready to rise up and join the Messiah in a revolution. The people are buzzing with excitement. Wildfire. And I’m on the edge of my seat shedding tears at the thought of a victory over pain and death and suffering that is too wonderful for words.

And in the frenzy of ecstatic longing, Jesus says something that defies all expectation, all assumptions of victory… No one would ever think of this next turn, this abrupt halt in the triumphal march. He says,

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The person who loves his life will lose it, while the one who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. (vv24-26)

And in case we are too dense to get the drift of what Jesus is talking about, John adds something at the end of our passage to make it crystal clear: “He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die” (v33). Is this the one we have come to see? Is this the Messiah? But why then is he talking about death? It’s not supposed to be like this.

And here’s the scandal of Jesus, the provocation of the gospel. Jesus comes to die at the hands of the enemies, and through this death he dismantles the dominion of darkness, the reign of evil. And through his resurrection, unceasing life is made available for all. But the victory passes through death—and that goes against all our expectations. Redemption passes through death. Christ is killed in Jerusalem. He isn’t crowned in a temple or palace after the so-called triumphal entry. No. He’s lead to Golgotha, outside the kingly splendor of Jerusalem. And dies. Nailed to the cross. Crown of thorns on his head, not gold. What sort of victory is this? How does this death reveal God’s glory? “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified” (v23).

When I come to see Jesus, I expect to see a bright shinning light, a wondrous beauty, magnificent splendor. A victorious king. And I come to Jesus to hear about his victory over evil and pain and suffering. I want to see a decisive victory. But the good news Jesus proclaims cuts against those expectations. And the cut runs deep, touching the very stability of my life, and sets me on a bewildering journey into the undiscovered country, as Hamlet put it as he contemplated death. I’m left unsettled.

We come to Jesus for an answer. We come to Jesus with our requests, with our desires for his decisive victory right now over the prince of this world who attempts to suffocate us with evil—bad news everyday. I would like to see Jesus so I can catch a glimpse of this conquering king and return home with my confidence restored, knowing that Jesus is taking his throne. But as I come, as we see this Jesus, we find that his throne is a cross. And if the shock of that sight is not enough, he tells us that we can’t go back to the way things were, to our armchair devotion—reading about the darkness outside our four walls and looking through our Bibles for the right answers to everyone’s problems, without ever leaving our controlled environment, our stable social lives: “The one who loves his life will lose it, while the one who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant will be” (v26).

As the Greeks said, “We want to see Jesus.” Do you want to see him? I know I want to. But we have to realize that seeing comes at a cost. It will cost us our lives. “I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.” We come to see Jesus and his glorious kingdom as we walk down his path, a journey that ends with a cross. And as we give up our lives, the control of our direction, we may come to see that our path through this present darkness is actually a river of life flowing from that resurrected body of Jesus. But there is no way to know the hope of this eternal life other than to join those other followers out there who give up their dreams for life, their expectations of the good life, for the sake of Christ’s cross.

Tags: sermons

• 1 Theresa // May 8, 2006 at 12:18 pm

I was looking for a St. Augustine quote and came across this encouragement from the word….

“we would like to see Jesus”: a sermon on John 12:20-33
    Posted by isaac under sermons

Thank you….

Theresa

• 2 isaac // May 10, 2006 at 5:03 am

Theresa, thanks for visiting the site and wandering around. And I am glad my sermon offered you a word of encouragement. Please visit again.

Blessings,
    isaac

• 3 Jason // May 26, 2006 at 12:52 pm

Wow, I just got a chance to read this one and I must say it’s masterfully done. I could feel the building anticipation of Jesus’ procession and the confusion of wanting to see Jesus, but also not see him when he’s going to a cross. I wonder though how this text would be preached to those whose lives are already at the brink of death (i.e. your friend in the psych ward). What does the call to die look like through their eyes? Did you receive any comments to that end when you preached it?

• 4 isaac // May 30, 2006 at 6:36 am

Hey Jason, thanks for the encouraging word—“materfully done” is probably a little too generous. And your question about how this sermon is suppossed to be preached to those who are “at the brink of death” is a great one. First let me say that this sermon is partly a response to a sermon that was preached before. And that sermon had at its center a call to justice that quite easily forgot the scandal of the cross. So, I wanted to counter-balance that sermon.

But someone did come up to me after the sermon and say that this message really gave them comfort in their difficult times. This particular woman said that the message showed her that her hopeless situation echoes that of Jesus on the cross, and that even in that hopelessness God is able to work a miracle beyond our ideas of what may be possible. I’m grateful that she somehow got that hope from my sermon.

But the thing that I was going after was the way Christian discipleship is different than the many programs for justice out there. The gospel message of the cross and resurrection shatters all our clear and confident vision of success and achievement when we think about justice. The call is to join others who for some reason we think bear Christ’s cross and wait with them for the promised Spirit of God to illumine a way through this wilderness of violence and darkness—“to join those other followers out there who give up their dreams for life, their expectations of the good life, for the sake of Christ’s cross.”

• 5 Larry // Mar 26, 2007 at 5:13 am

I plan to preach on this idea next Sunday: “We want to see Jesus”.

You have given me some food for thought. Thank you!
    I can’t follow Jesus and do things my way.

His way may be costly and much different from what I expected but His way is always the best.

Blessings!

• 6 Niki // Mar 5, 2008 at 5:58 pm

I love the question “why”. Why do we want to see Jesus and the inextricable link between the cross and the resurrection – you musn’t view one except from the light of the other. BUT I’m preaching to a group who are going to ask “How”. How do I die to myself? How do I give up my life without becoming a doormat or a wimp? How does this play out in the real world?

• 7 isaac // Mar 6, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Niki, thanks for reading my sermon and thinking through what it means in your context. I don’t know the stories of the people in your congregation, so it’s hard for me to speak to their lives. But, for what it’s worth, here’s an idea: tell them what Jesus told the wealthy man, “Give all you have to the poor, then come and follow me.” Or, if that’s too extravagant, there’s also that line about how if you have two coats, give one to someone who needs it. Or, if all of that seems like too much to ask, tell them to try what I did the other day: pay for the groceries of the person in line before you. (It worked in my context because my neighborhood grocery store is for poor people; it probably wouldn’t make sense at Whole Foods or something like that).

Giving up our lives isn’t easy. It’s painful, like dying on a cross. But that’s also what we believe to be the way of life, the way Jesus showed us. I’m sure there are plenty of creative ways to try and do it. Another way would be to give up three years of your life and serve with the Mennonite Central Committee (they accept non-Mennonites too).

I’m not sure what you mean about giving up our lives “without becoming a doormat or a wimp.” Giving up our lives looks something like what happened to Jesus in the “real world.” He willingly got killed. He let people spit on him, strip him naked, and ultimately hang him on the cross. God’s power is revealed in weakness—that’s what Paul says over and again. There are worse things in the world than being called a wimp.

• 8 April // Mar 13, 2008 at 3:49 am

Wow! God has given you an amazing gift of preaching! Beautiful, beautiful sermon! I will preach on John 12 this coming Sunday and you have helped me prepare. Thank you!

• 9 jacque // Mar 17, 2008 at 4:14 am

thank you so much, am doing a talk on Tue
    and , you have helped me to prepare
    Iwill be using some of your sermon
    God bless

• 10 Carlos // Apr 2, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Wow, what a great sermon, I love it.

I was looking for some idea to preach about the Wonder of the Cross, but I love your sermon and probably I’m going to use it next sunday.

I just love when I meet a serious preacher, who preaches about the real Jesus, the Lord, not the servant, who is just seating there to give what people ask.

Any way, you have a great gift, God bless you!

• 11 isaac // Apr 2, 2008 at 6:26 pm

Thanks, Carlos. Feel free to use whatever you’d like from my sermon. Heck, preach the whole thing if you want. I don’t believe in “ownership” when it comes to preaching—it’s all the Spirit’s work anyways.

peace,
    isv

• 12 christine // Sep 5, 2008 at 4:46 am

wow buddy,

God has really gifted you. I did stumble upon this . I googled “seeing Jesus” and came across this. The Spirit though you put all I was thinking in these words of yours.
    Someone sent me a picture of Jesus…it made Jim C of the Passion look homely. The Lord whispered ” is that what my word says I looked like?” yea, um no….
    We want desperatly the “suddenlys and the beauty” without the cross. You presented in a way that brings healing…you go boy !

• 13 isaac // Sep 5, 2008 at 6:48 am

Christine, thanks for reading my sermon. And I am encouraged to hear that it has helped you in your own journey. I hope some of the other stuff on this website may offer you edification as well.

peace.

• 14 Des Olney // Mar 1, 2009 at 1:09 pm

As I am preparing for Passion Sunday here in New Zeaand, your sermon has given me several insights into ideas that I could incorporate as I encourage my small congregation to really see the full, true meaning of Easter. Thank you.
    Kia ora.

• 15 Phil // Mar 3, 2009 at 7:25 am

Thanks. a good read.
    But isn’t there something else?
    Some Greeks come to see him. “we’d like to book him in for a conference we’re holding etc” but Jesus can only be in one place at a time!
    That’s why he said to his disciples that it was to their advantage that he went away so that the spirit would come and be with them, all the time, everywhere and reveal everything to them from the father.
    So is Jesus actually also saying that the way people will see him in future, all over the place, is through the ‘fruit’ he talks about – that’s us!? He’s the first of many brothers (Romans 8). Just as he said that if you’ve sen the son, you’ve seen the father, so if people have sen us they’ve sen Jesus – that’s always been God’s plan, ever since he made us in his image – and it’s his intention for us as new creations. But we follow our Lord, in dying first, crcuified with him.

What a plan!

• 16 Mark // Mar 24, 2009 at 12:39 am

I’m a Methodist local preacher here in Britain. I agree its difficult on Passion Sunday to help a congregation understand that the Passion isn’t a negative thing but was the springboard to the glory of the Resurrection.
    I would normally use the question WHY for my Palm Sunday service, WHY the hero then the villain but you have given me an other insight into the question, why even bother to sit in a congregation Sunday after Sunday. I will let you know the response I get

God Bless

• 17 Saia // Mar 27, 2009 at 11:55 am

Issac,
    thankyou for the sermon, I will be using a lot of it this Sunday. God bless you
    Saia

• 18 David // Mar 29, 2009 at 10:18 pm

I’m doing my undergraduate right now before I go off to seminary school. This sermon inspired my own a lot, and although I put my own story behind it, the spirit of this speech remains unchanged. People absolutely loved it. Thank you so much and God bless.

• 19 Rose B // Apr 4, 2009 at 4:43 am

Thanks for the “sermon seeds” I am a First year student at Duke Divinity in the last weeks of this accademic year. Your sermon helped with my exegesis, and will “prime the pump’ for my sermon this week.

During this Holy Week ‘09 amidst the chaos of a failed economy, a lingering war, and our own expectations, we still want to see Jesus.

This was a timeless sermon which will bless all who hear it!

God Bless you and your ministry!

Grace and Peace !

Rose

• 20 Anastasia // Sep 10, 2009 at 1:02 am

Wow! Yesterday , as I prepared to go to bed, the above scripture. All I can say is thank you!

• 21 isaac // Sep 15, 2009 at 5:17 am

thanks, Anastasia, for the comment. I am encouraged that you got something from my sermon.

peace,
    isv

• 22 Phil // Sep 15, 2009 at 5:45 am

Isaac originally asked at the start of this blog if there’s any easy way to preach this. Well yes and no.
    Jesus tells us that we are to die… but isn’t that good?
    It’s the way to life.
    We think life comes first. In His kingdom, death comes first.
    You want LIFE in all it’s fullness – like Jesus had? Then recognise that you died with him on the cross (Gal 2.20). But you rose with him; when he defeated death, you were with him; he took you to sit with him in heavenly places; you’re one of the royal family now; you have the same seed (that fell into the earth) in you. You are the ‘fruit’ of his dying. All of him, the vine, can now flow through you, the branch.
    Do you really want to carry on dominated by your own fickle soul, eating from the tree of the knowldege of good and evuil when you can eaty from the tree of life, Christ himself… all of his grace, his life, his seed, his spirit through you – transforming your soul into his likeness… real life.
    This has always been God’s intention, plan and l;onging- for us to be in his image!!
    So – dying to self is good! The real self, intended to be like HIM, is waiting to be born!.. to follow him.

• 23 Tom // Nov 5, 2010 at 3:51 am

I too am planning to preach on this portion of Scripture. I found your message by typing in “sermons on John 12. Your message has inspired me and I can’t wait to preach my message. I will be sure to give you credit for this inspiration. Thank you so much for posting this message on your website!!Blessings in th Lord! Tom

• 24 isaac // Dec 1, 2010 at 6:07 am

Tom, thanks for reading my sermon. I’m glad it has helped you come up with your own sermon. Feel free to use whatever you find helpful.

peace,
    isv

• 25 Francoinette van Zyl // Jan 24, 2011 at 4:38 am

Thank you for this precious message. THE CROSS OF JESUS..the place of reconciliation and sanctification. THE STUMBLING BLOCK FOR MANY. EACH TIME I SURVEY THE CROSS…IT IS AS IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT A TORNADO FROM THE OUTSIDE…ITS SCARY..BUT SOMETHING DRAWS YOU DEEPER AND DEEPER, REMOVING ALL YOUR BELONGINGS FROM YOUR BODY..YOU KNOW, YOU MUST PRESS ON…BECAUSE THERE IN THE INNER CORE..THERE IS PEACE…OUTSIDE IS CHAOS AND NO HOPE..NO LIFE. It’s terrifying to see the effects when you preach the cross…its lake taking your sword out from its sheath…it calls all up for battle…and reveal the content of the heart..penetrate through marrow and bone..right to the centre (Heb.4:12) God’s peace brings war on earth…HIS KINGDOM IS IN THE HEARTS OF HIS BRIDE..NOT OF THIS WORLD (John 18:36) People want to move away from the cross..we can never move away from this fire-break. The place where GOD’s wrath agaist sin, burned in AND THE PLACE WHERE WE SEE GRACE ..the ONLY SAVE PLACE WHEN CHRIST RETURNS AGAIN AS THE LION OF JUDE…there the FIRE will not burn twice. Each day we must survey the wonderous cross..if we want to see JESUS.
    I’ve pondered on this thought…Rev.20..mentions the saints who were beheaded and who reigns with the LORD till He returns..compare with Mark.8:35…those who follow CHRIST..they have lost their own lives…all their own rights..they no longer live, but CHRIST lives in them..IN HIM THEY MOVE, LIVE AND HAVE THEIR BEING (Acts 17) Eph 2:6 says that we reign with HIM in this life…we have moved over from death to LIFE the moment we respond to HIS VOICE (John 5:24) being born again..the second death has no effect on us, because we have experienced the first ressurection (Rev.20; Rom.6) CHRIST IS NOW THE HEAD OF THEIR BODY..we have gained much more than what we lost..we do not want to walk back to our old lives (Heb.11:13-16 our eyes are fixed on a different world and this fill us with ZEAL AND HOPE for this life…its fuel for our souls …we no longer live for ourselves..this is the work of the SPIRIT OF GOD )
    I have no ‘backup’ for what I am saying here…but the more I read through the word of GOD…the more I see. I boy died in an accident 2 years ago…GOD prepared that 9 year old in the most amazing way..GOD CHANGED A ‘goat’ into a ‘lamb’ before our eyes…since then, it is as if GOD has opened a window into eternity for both me and my husband and now lately our 14year old daughter. Deut 29:29 Everything revealed in scripture in inspired by the SPIRIT OF GOD and is for us and our children to understand.

Blessings
    Francoinette van Zyl

• 26 morah // Jan 31, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Your message is inspiring
    I was deeply engrossed reading it
    Have gotten more insight into my preaching this Friday on John 12 :20
    God bless

• 27 isaac // Feb 1, 2011 at 5:03 am

Morah, thanks for reading my sermon and for comment. I’m grateful that you have found insight in it, and I’m glad that you will use some of my message in your own sermon.

• 28 pj // Apr 14, 2011 at 11:42 pm

thanks so much , very inspiring and thought provoking …....

May God bless you and all what you …..

• 29 isaac // Apr 19, 2011 at 6:04 am

PJ, thanks for the kind words.

-isaac

• 30 Gord // Jul 15, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Isaac,
    Thank you for sharing this and thank you for your invitation to use it in whole or in part.
    I am inspired by your image of the part atmosphere of Jesus triumphant entry. It has largely shaped my own sermon for this Sunday. I will be using some of your work, a bit verbatim and the rest as inspiration. I’ll let you know when it’s online, if you are interested in hearing how I used it.
    Blessings on you and your ministry,
    ~Gord

• 31 mariz // Aug 9, 2011 at 1:54 am

Isaac,

Thank you so much for sharing, it can really help me a lot, i am going to share this on our BS.

God bless!

• 32 Kris Sylvanus // Mar 20, 2012 at 4:31 am

This is out of this world. I am deeply moved. There is the hand of God at work here. I will be preaching this to my flock this week.

• 33 Roger Wilson // Mar 21, 2012 at 4:49 am

Isaac, this is one of the top ten best sermons I have ever read or heard. I’m a pastor and preacher who can deliver a message well, but frankly I have a lot of trouble in crafting a really good sermon, and this is one of the best. Thank you for sharing this with us. I am inspired to take my sermon for Sunday in a very similar direction.

May God bless you and your ministry! We’ll meet one day and we can talk about this then.

• 34 Dave // Mar 24, 2012 at 7:28 am

Thanks for sharing this sermon with us and offering its use. I have been struggling with this passage and how to make it come alive once again. Your words have inspired me and it is also amazing to see how many people over the years have also found help from this!
    Peace and blessings!

• 35 Michelle // Mar 24, 2012 at 10:55 am

Thank you for this inspiring message. Tomorrow, Sunday, is the second Sunday I will be preaching following the sudden death of my husband. Because of my own bereavement I found it difficult to locate the words I needed to preach, especially during these Sundays leading up to the observance of Jesus’ passion. However, your words so wonderfully suited I now know I have something to proclaim. Blessings….

• 36 Violeta // Mar 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I struggle deeply in my life these days. Your sermon, yes- masterfully constructed- has pointed to the road to take, both in a theological and practical sense. I pray for the strength to take it.
    Thank you.

• 37 pat // Mar 24, 2012 at 6:56 pm

wonderful sermon, thanks it was very inspired and you gave me some ideas for my repaching tomorrow. Thanks, Blessings to you!!

• 38 YOLLY // Apr 3, 2012 at 4:48 am

NEVER SEE SOMEONE WHO GIVES AWAY HIS WELL PREPARED,ENCOURAGING SERMON JUST LIKE THIS.PEOPLE WANT TO GAIN SOMETHING BEFORE WE ALSO BENEFIT.YOU ARE A REAL BLESSING.THANK YOU SO MUCH,FEW ARE LIKE YOU.

• 39 BENU JOHN // Oct 9, 2012 at 8:09 am

HEY ISAAC ITS GREAT TO READ YOUR SERMON. IT INSPIRED MY LIFE A LOT. the cost of discipleship as bonhoffer reminds us is costly. its not cheap as the new age teleevangelist cheat us to believe. it demands giving up not hoarding more and more. its really difficult to preach it and put it as a positive message. but once we are filled with the spirit this messagw will transform humanity.
    benu john

• 40 This is a thought-provoking message . As i went thro it, i heard God poke my inner feelings. Am going to the pulpit with this message within the next hour in a youth camp beginning now. Abundant blessings on you. Amen // Dec 18, 2012 at 9:05 am

Kipkemruto @gmail.com